Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Honoring Those that serve!

I hope everyone enjoyed Veterans Day and I hope you all took a moment to honor those that have served our country and those that are still serving at home and abroad. I took a moment to pause and reflect on those who I personally know that have served, they include my grandfathers, uncles, and friends. If they are still living I encourage you to call them and say than you for what you did. I watching a movie this week called "Saving Private Ryan" while the story line itself is not true the circumstances surrounding the story are very real. The story is written around the Allies storming Omaha Beach. While the scenes are some what disturbing, it gives you a cold does of reality of those that have given their life to defend this country we love so much. In honor of all that that have served our family has created a video to honor them. You can view the video above, it is worth saying that this video is only a small way of saying thank you for what you do. I would like to leave you all with this, while today is veterans day don't just make today the only day you stop to say thank you to those that serve and have served. Do as I do when you are out in the community and come across someone in uniform or that you know has served or is serving, stop them and say thank you. After all those that have placed themselves in harms way to protect our freedom's don't just do it one day of the year, they do it twenty four seven three sixty five. We should always take the opportunity to say thank you. I would like to end by saying " Thank You To All Military Service Men And Women Who Have Served Our Country And Our Allies. It Is Because Of You That We Can Enjoy The Freedoms We Have And Can Live In The Greatest Country In The World.

No comments:

Post a Comment